Saturday, July 27, 2013

My Sister

My sister Vicky, who is also a type 1 diabetic like me, fell a few weeks ago after her blood sugar dropped really low. She was in her kitchen at the time, and hit the floor hard on her knees. Well, she had to go for an MRI this week of her knee. The news was not good, she fractured her knee very badly. She is now in a brace, her leg does not even touch the ground. She has to totally stay off the leg. When she does walk, she has to use a walker, and basically hop like a rabbit, bless her heart. My heart really hurts for her. Please keep her in your prayers. She will be having surgery to put a plate in her knee on August 5th. I have not seen her since last year. I will be going to see her tomorrow(Sunday), taking her some things she needs, a walker, and a shower seat. Also taking lunch to her, going to surprise her. She does not know I am coming. She was so depressed on the phone yesterday, going to try to cheer her up with great big hugs, and kisses. Also, going to pray over her knee. Take care everyone, and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Will be taking pictures, will post them after I get home tomorrow evening. I love you all very much.

13 comments:

Joyful said...

Thank you for praying for Elvis on my gofundme page, dear heart. I will surely be praying for your sister too. You are sweet to go and see her tomorrow to cheer her up. Big hugs. xx

Sharon said...

Of course prayers will be with your sister. I hope that the two of you will have a blessed time together - and that it will be encouraging to each of you.

GOD BLESS!

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

I will certainly add your sister to my prayers. It will be easy to remember her surgery date - as that is the same day Jason has to go to the dr about his knee surgery.
I am so glad that you will be able to go see her- I am sure that will brighten her day. May God bless the time you ladies have together, Lisa :O)

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow...I will pray for Vicki for sure! I hope you can encourage her and make her smile~ I fell on my knees many years ago, and they have never been the same..and I didn't break one...even though I think I did break the water pouch there. Anyways, God bless Vicki and you for what you go through with Diabetes. I take some meds for my sugar but nothing like what you all go through~!!! Take care! ♥♥♥

Inger said...

I didn't know you have type 1 diabetes, I do too. I use an insulin pump and I think I can safely say it has saved my life. I know this will be a wonderful surprise for your sister. It's a terrible thing to injure any part of your legs so you can't get around. I imagine it must hurt a great deal too. Will keep her in my prayers.

LeAnn said...

I pray that you have had a very special time with your dear sister. I am sure you will lift her up because you are good at that.
Hugs and blessings to you!

Joy said...

Oh, , sorry to hear about your sister. I will pray for her too. Good thing is that she have a kind sister like you. Bless your heart dear.

Cathy said...

Praying for your sister, Denise. I pray you all have a blessed Sunday. Love and Hugs

Just Be Real said...

So sorry about your sister. Hugs Denise.

Never Forsaken said...

Praying for Vicki and for grace during your visit...go and be a prayer warrior Denise...This is how God does His miracles in us and through us.
I love you too.

Karen said...

I pray your sister will heal and recover soon.

Dee said...

prayers and blessings to your sister. I am sure your surprised hugs will be a big boost to her recovery.

Chatty Crone said...

I pray for yous sister too. Both type ! isn't that unusual? Is she at win? sandnie